How do I add a School Tech Lead?
School Tech Lead is a special user role that will have the ability to:
- View usage metrics for their district & school
- Modify sharing rules for an application for their school
- This capability must be enabled on a per app basis by the district administrator.
- District Admin must select: "School Site Sharing" in sharing permissions for the application.
- Manage and print Clever badges for their school
- Manage and customize the Clever portal on a per school basis
This role cannot:
- Request or add new applications
- View troubleshooting logs
- View or edit any settings
- Browse SIS data synced with Clever
This role is useful for:
- Big districts, decentralized districts, and charter schools who can not micro-manage their schools locally
To make a user a School Tech Lead:
- Add the user as a school admin on the Team page of the Clever Dashboard. Directions can be found here.
- Under filters, select "Admin Type" and then choose "School" This will show you a list of all of your school admins. If you don't see any school admins in the table below, you'll first need to upload them.
- Select the pencil icon to edit a user to grant them the desired role, this will allow them to log into the dashboard
- The School Tech lead can now log into the dashboard to view usage metrics, manage Clever badges and modify sharing rules (if enabled by the district administrator)
How do I add School Tech Leads using the optional 'Role' field in the admins.csv file?
In the instructions above, we showed you how to add School Tech Leads using the Team page on the Clever Dashboard. It is also possible to upload School Admins as School Tech Leads by adding an optional field to the admins.csv file called "Role".
"Role" is an optional field that only accepts the values School Tech Lead or STL (case-insensitive):
Changes that you make on the Team page will overwrite the settings for School Tech Leads who have been uploaded in the admins.csv.
For example, let's say that you upload Admin A as a School Tech Lead using the "Role" field in the admins.csv . If you then go to the Team page and change Admin A's role to Portal Access Only, that will become Admin A's new role.