What is the School Tech Lead role?
A School Tech Lead is a staff member in Clever with additional permissions to help manage the Clever accounts on a school-by-school basis. This role is useful for any school district who would like additional users to help manage individual schools.
School Tech Leads have the ability to:
1. View usage metrics for their district & school (using the "Analytics" tab in their dashboard).
2. Modify sharing rules for an application for their associated school(s).
3. Manage and print Clever badges for their school in bulk. At this time, School Tech Leads are unable to print individual badges.
4. Manage and customize the Clever Portal on a per school basis.
5. Create and manage Custom Sections in Clever.
This role cannot:
- Request or add new applications
- View troubleshooting logs
- View or edit any settings
- Browse SIS data synced with Clever
- Add co-teachers to sections
How do I add a School Tech Lead to my Clever account?
1. First, the user should be added as a staff member or school admin on the Team Page of the Clever Dashboard. Please read, "How do I add non-teaching staff and administrators in Clever?" for detailed instructions.
2. On the Team Page, under filters, select "Admin Type" and then choose "School". This will show you a list of all of your school admins in Clever. If you don't see any school admins in the table below, you'll first need to upload them (step #1).
3. Select the pencil icon to edit a user to assign them the School Tech Lead role - this will allow them to log into the dashboard.
4. The School Tech Lead can now log into the dashboard to view usage metrics, manage Clever badges and modify sharing rules (if enabled by the district administrator)
How do I add School Tech Leads using the optional 'Role' field in the admins.csv file?
In the instructions above, we showed you how to add School Tech Leads using the Team page on the Clever Dashboard. It is also possible to upload users as School Tech Leads by adding an optional field to the admins.csv file called "Role".
"Role" is an optional field that only accepts the values:
School Tech Lead
both values are case-insensitive
Changes that you make on the Team page will overwrite the settings for School Tech Leads who have been uploaded in the admins.csv.
For example, you upload Sally May as a School Tech Lead using the "Role" field in the admins.csv . If you then go to the Team page and change Sally May's role to Portal Access Only, "Portal Access Only" will become Sally May's new role moving forward.