What are Clever Badges?
Clever Badges allow students to use a physical Badge to log in to Clever in lieu of typing in credentials to authenticate users. Badges are an easier way for the youngest students to access their apps. School Tech Leads can print Badges for individual students, entire school sites or sections, as long as Badges have been enabled by a Clever Admin.
Grade-level access for Badges is managed by your district administrator. If Badges are not available for a desired grade level, please contact your district support contact. For more information about enabling Badges for your district, please see this Help Center article.
How do Clever Badges work?
- Students navigate to clever.com/badges and click “Allow” in the browser prompt to give Clever access to their camera.
- The webcam will activate and students should hold up their Badge to the camera. Once the code is scanned the screen border will flash green.
- Students will then be redirected to their Clever Portal.
Technical Requirements for Badges
You will need to following items to implement and use Badges:
- Supported web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari)
- Computers/devices with webcam
How do I generate Badges from my Portal?
Printing Individual Badges
From your Clever Portal, navigate to your Dashboard
- Once in the Dashboard, search for the student in the search bar
- If the student does not have a Badge generated, select Create Clever Badge on the right-hand side of their Profile
- If the student's Clever Badge is already generated, select a download option
Printing school site and section Badges
1. From your Clever Portal, navigate to your Dashboard
2. Once in the Dashboard, choose "Badges"
3. In the "Overview" tab, you will have two options to generate Badges. Whenever a new student joins your school (within the configured grade range for Badges), you can click “New” to generate Badges for only those new students at the school.
Or, you can select "All" to generate badges to all the students at your school. Clicking “All” will not void any existing Badges. It will simply regenerate any existing badges as well as create new badges for any students that did not yet have one.
4. Once you select an option, the Badges will either be emailed to your or immediately start downloading, to a zip file with PDFs of the Badges. You will have the option to either print by grade level or by section.
Devices without cameras
If a student does not have access to a device with a camera, they can log in using the district's normal login method. (e.g. Log in with Google, Log in with Active Directory, Log in with Clever). If you require assistance with identifying their username and password for one of these login methods, please reach out to your district's tech support contact.
Please let us know if you have any questions! You can always submit a ticket to Clever Support.