Your district's non-instructional staff (i.e. non-teaching staff), or employees who do not have a designated roster in your district's Student Information System (SIS), are referred to as staff in Clever. Occasionally, they will also be referred to as school admins. The two terms are synonymous.
Here are some examples of the types of staff members Clever supports:
- Curriculum Leads
- District Help Desk users
- School-specific Tech Leads
- District members
- After-school Coordinators
Once you have set up staff in Clever, there are two ways for them to log in:
- They can navigate to your district's Clever portal login URL which is located in your district dashboard > Portal > Portal Settings page. Staff will use the same single sign-on (SSO) method you have designated for your teachers and students (e.g. if your district uses Google, staff can log in with their Google credentials).
- Or from Clever.com. by selecting to log in as 'Teacher/School admin'.
Staff who are also teachers
Clever supports users being both teachers and staff! If an individual is both a teacher and staff in Clever, they can access both user accounts using the same set of credentials. Upon entering their credentials, Clever will prompt them to select which role they would like to log in with.
- Once when they first login from your district's Clever login page
- And after they select which account they are logging in with (e.g. staff or teacher)