If students are using a browser to access the Clever Portal (not the iOS app), teachers have the ability to launch applications for students, log students out, and help students log in, right from the teacher pages in their Portal.
Launching an Application for a class
When teachers are logged into the Clever Portal, they can launch applications for their entire class.
- Navigate to the teacher page associated with the class for which you'd like to launch an application
- Click "Classroom tools" in the upper left corner
- Select “Launch app for all students” and the applications available to your students will appear in a menu
- Once an application is selected, a green box will appear on the right side noting that the application was successfully launched!
Note: Applications can also be launched from the "Classes" tab at the top of your Portal.
Logging students out of Clever
From the Clever Portal, teachers also have the ability to log students out of Clever.
- Navigate to the teacher page associated with the class you'd like to log out
- Select "Classroom tools" on the top left
- Select "Log out students"
- Students will now be logged out of the Clever Portal this change will be reflected in "Login status"
- Navigate to the "Classes" tab on the top right
- Select the section/course/period
- Select “Log class out”
- Students will now be logged out of the Clever Portal and this will also be reflected in the "Status in Clever" column
Check if students have logged in
The Classes tab shows which students have successfully logged into the Clever Portal. Here's how you can view this:
- Navigate to the teacher page for the class you'd like to check
- On the lefthand side of the page, you'll see all of your students under "Login status"
- A red "X" icon or a green checkmark icon will appear next to student names:
Note: Login status can also be viewed from the "Classes" tab at the top of your Portal.