When you add a new app to Clever, you'll need to set data sharing permissions before Clever will allow the app access to your data. You can customize your data sharing for each app and change it at any time. You can share the entire data set in Clever, share specific schools, or share specific sections. This article explains in detail how to share by section.
To set data sharing permissions, log into your Clever account. Click the app logo on your Clever dashboard to get to the permissions page for that app. Then select "Share By Section".
Here are some things to note about the section selection tool:
- It's designed and available only for small districts with limited number of sections. If your district is larger you can still share select sections, but you'll use our Share by Rules interface. See this article for help navigating rules.
- Once your sections are shared, you'll see the option to download a CSV of the shared sections. You can use this tool to make sure all of your sections are properly shared!
Using the Share Sections Tool
- To select a section to share, select the box directly to the left of the section name.
- Refer to the bottom-left corner of the page to see how many sections you have shared so far.
- To search by any criteria, use the 'Search Sections' bar - if you filter by different criteria, it's important to note that the previously selected sections are still selected even though they are no longer visible with this filter applied.
- To save the changes that you have made, click the blue "Save Changes" button.
- To sort by values populated in each tab, click the downward facing arrow to the right of the field name. The example below is for the field 'Course Name'.
- To select or deselect all matching sections based on the criteria in the 'Search Sections' bar, click the 'Select Matching Sections' and 'Deselect Matching Sections' buttons.
- To adjust how many sections appear at a time, adjust the drop down menu for 'Show ____ sections'. The example below is 'Show 10 sections'.
- To show additional or previous pages of sections, use the 'Previous' and 'Next buttons.