Clever single sign-on (SSO) enables users to be securely authenticated into connected applications via their individual Clever portals. This article provides an overview of the types of applications available through Clever.
Types of Applications
There are a variety of application types available in Clever:
- Rostering: Rostering applications support Secure Sync Rostering. This means the rostering data from your district's student information system (SIS) is synced to Clever, which is then synced to your connected rostering applications.
- Single sign-on (SSO): These applications are integrated with Clever and support single sign-on (SSO). These applications do not receive rostering data from Clever.
- Rostering & SSO: These applications support both rostering and SSO! This means all rostering and single sign-on data is synced to the application by Clever.
- Library: The Clever Library is a place for teachers to discover, learn about, and adopt new resources for their classrooms. Resources in the Library can be added by teachers to their Teacher Pages for easy access by students.
- SSO (Saved Passwords): SSO (Saved Passwords) applications are apps that don't currently have a rostering or single sign-on (SSO) integration with Clever, but can still be accessed via SSO through the Clever Portal. This means districts can provide users with a seamless SSO experience for almost any learning application even if it is not an existing Clever partner.
- Links: Custom external links work much like bookmarks by bringing district users directly to the application's login page where they can enter their credentials. These types of apps are not integrated with Clever.
Please visit this article for details on the application types listed above.