What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication adds another level of security to your account. If you enable two-factor authentication, you'll be asked to enter a verification code from your cellphone or computer in addition to your username and password each time you login. This extra verification prevents unauthorized parties from accessing your account, even if your password has been compromised.
You can setup Two-Factor for your Clever account in one of two ways:
- Via SMS on a mobile device; or
- Via the authenticator application Authy (available for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mac, Windows, and Linux).
Setting up two-factor authentication
- Log into your Clever Account
- Click on your name in the upper righthand corner, and select "Profile"
- Scroll down, and click on 'Enable two-factor authentication'.
- Select how you’d like to receive verification codes and then enter your mobile phone number to proceed. If you choose to use Authy and have not already downloaded the app, you will be prompted to do so.
- When prompted, enter either your code from Authy or request a code via SMS.
- The next time you log in to Clever, you will be prompted for a verification code.
- Open Authy to get a new verification code, or enter the code you received via SMS. At this step, you can ask that Clever "remember" you for 30 days on this particular computer, so that you do not need to authenticate every time you log in. This option is not recommended if you are on a public or shared computer, or you do not have password protection to log onto your computer.
Disable Two-Factor Authentication
Once you have Two-Factor enabled, you can disable this setting on your Profile page.