Setting up Instant Login with Google
Clever Instant Login allows students and teachers to log in using their Google credentials. Here's how to set up Instant Login with Google:
1. Google Apps email addresses need to be synced to users' email fields in Clever.
2. Configure your Instant Login settings in the Clever Dashboard:
- Click ‘Settings' on the sidebar and then click on Login Settings.
- Select ‘Google Apps’ as your identity provider.
- Fill in a username hint, password hint, and/or a support contact in case users are having trouble logging in.
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the screen!
3. Test a user's login credentials. You'll need the Google credentials of a teacher or student that is synced to Clever via the SIS data. To test:
- Visit your district’s new Portal URL.
- Sign in with the Google credentials of the teacher/student (must be a Google email address that is synced in Clever).
- You should be logged in to the Clever Portal!
Please note: Because the credentials are entered only on the Google login page, Clever will never know the usernames and passwords of your users.