Setting up Single Sign-On with Google
Clever single sign-on (SSO) allows students and teachers to log in using their Google credentials. Here's how to set up single sign-on (SSO) with Google:
1. Google email addresses need to be synced to users' "Email" fields in Clever.
- Check in the Data Browser under the "Email" field that a google email address is populated
2. Configure your single sign-on (SSO) settings in the Clever Dashboard:
- Click ‘Portal' on the sidebar and then click on SSO Settings.
- In the upper, right-hand side click 'Add Login Method.'
- Select ‘Google Authentication’ as your identity provider.
- Confirm the Google email source
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the screen!
3. Test a user's login credentials. You'll need the Google credentials of a teacher or student that is synced to Clever via the SIS data. To test:
- Visit your district’s new Portal URL.
- Sign in with the Google credentials of the teacher/student (must be a Google email address that is synced in Clever).
- You should be logged in to the Clever Portal!
Please note: Because the credentials are entered only on the Google login page, Clever will never know the usernames and passwords of your users.