Many of Clever’s auto syncs rely on a read-only SIS account to sync data. When the username and password for this account are incorrect, your sync cannot complete successfully.
How to fix this error:
- Check your credentials by logging into your SIS with the username and password you've provided to Clever. (You can find these credentials on your Sync Settings page.)
- If you are unable to log in with the credentials it means they have expired, changed, or are no longer valid.
- Update the credentials in your SIS. We strongly recommend creating a separate read-only account in your SIS, just for the Clever sync. You can confirm the required permissions for this account in the Auto Sync section of our Help Center.
- Once you've updated the credentials, confirm that they are working by using them to log into your SIS.
- With new credentials in hand, navigate back to your Sync Settings page and enter the new credentials required to connect to your SIS, including username and/or password.
- Once entered, click ‘Update’. Clever will attempt another sync with your SIS as scheduled, so you should see your Sync Status update within a few hours.