Many of Clever’s automatic syncs rely on the URL for your SIS to sync data. When Clever is unable to access this URL your sync cannot complete successfully.
Some common causes for URL errors include:
- URL includes a typo
- URL does not direct to a valid SIS login page
- URL is not accessible from outside of your district’s network/VPN
- URL access is blocked by firewall restrictions
- District needs to whitelist Clever's IP addresses
How to fix this error:
Determine the correct URL to provide Clever:
- Find the URL you’ve shared with Clever on your Sync Settings page.
- Make sure that the URL you entered matches the one you use to log into your SIS.
- Note for PowerSchool users: Clever drops the "/admin" extension on PowerSchool URLs, so it's normal to not see this extension.
Update your URL in Clever:
- Log into your Clever Dashboard and navigate to the Sync Settings page to update your SIS URL in Clever.
- When you click “Update” Clever will attempt another sync with your SIS, so you should see your Sync Status update within a few hours.
Whitelist Clever IP Addresses:
In the event that your district blocks IP addresses, you may need to whitelist these IP addresses or clear them from a blacklist. Clever's Machines run on three IP addresses – these are the ones that you will need to whitelist:
Your district may also need to make sure ports 443 and 80 are open.