Clever allows multiple team members per account to assist with account management. This article will explain how to manage team members in the Clever Dashboard.
What does being the account owner mean?
Each Clever account has a single account owner. The owner is indicated in the team member list with "(Owner)" following their name. The account owner’s name and email address are shared with applications connected to the district’s Clever account, and therefore is the primary point of contact for all Clever-related issues.
The owner has unique privileges, unavailable to other district admins, which are:
- Add district admins
- Remove district admins
- Transfer account ownership to another district admins
- Upload school admin CSV on the Team page
- Delete the Clever account
With the exception of the above privileges, all district admins are equal and can make any other changes to the Clever account, including adding/removing applications and changing data sharing permissions.
How do I add other district admins to the account?
Only the Clever account owner can add or remove other district admins. If you do not see the option to ‘Add district admin,’ then you are not the account owner. Please contact your account owner for assistance.
As the account owner, here's how you can add other admins:
- Log into the Clever Dashboard
- Click on "Team" in the left navigation bar
- Navigate to "Add team member" in the top right
- Add the admin's information in the pop-up box
- Click "Add"
- The new admin will receive an email invitation with a link to set their password.
How do I remove a district admin from the account?
To remove an administrator, go to the Admin page in the Clever Dashboard, and click 'Remove' next to their name. Similar to adding admins to the account, only the account owner can remove admins.
How do I transfer ownership to another admin?
Each Clever account may have only one owner at a time, and only the current owner can transfer the role to another team member. If you do not see the option to ‘Change Account Owner,’ you are not the account owner.
You can transfer account ownership to another district admin by clicking the "Add Admin" button and selecting 'Change Account Owner' in the dropdown. You will only see this option if there are other district admins on the Clever account. Once you transfer ownership, the options to add/remove district admins or transfer ownership will only be available to the new Account Owner.
How do I add a Curriculum Lead?
Curriculum Lead is a special user role that will have the ability to
- See which applications are in use at their districts
- View but not edit which students have access to which applications
- See login metrics for all applications
This role cannot:
- Request or add new applications
- Manage sharing rules
- View troubleshooting logs
- View or edit any settings
- Browse SIS data synced with Clever
To make a staff member a curriculum lead:
- Add the user as a district admin on the Team page of the Clever Dashboard.
- Under filters, select "Admin Type" and then choose "District." This will show you a list of all of your district admins.
- Select the pencil icon to edit a user to grant them the desired role, this will allow them to log into the dashboard
- The Curriculum Lead lead can now log into the dashboard, but cannot manage any sharing rules
How do I manage school admins?
School admins have a different role from district admins in Clever. To learn more, check out this article to learn how to add school administrators to your Clever account.