1. Your district’s name
What if my district/school isn't listed on the signup page? Type your school/district name into the District field when you sign up. A dropdown will appear with existing schools/districts, and you can scroll to the bottom to select 'Add <<School/District Name>>’ in order to add your school/district.
2. Contact information
You will need the name and contact info of the district administrator designated to manage your Clever account.
3. Your district’s SSO platform or identity system
Clever allows your students and teachers to log in via your district’s existing SSO platform or Identity System, or with usernames and passwords. Learn more about Instant Login here.
4. Access to your Student Information System (SIS)
- Clever-Managed Auto Sync: Set up a read-only Clever user with the permissions required for your SIS - see Auto Sync resources for setup details specific to your SIS. You’ll need to provide the Clever user’s credentials when you create your Clever account.
- SIS-Managed Auto Sync: After signing up for Clever, you will be provided instructions to initiate the sync between your SIS and Clever.
- SFTP Sync: Review our SFTP Sync resources in our Help Center. To begin syncing data, you will need access to export district-level data from your SIS and ability to follow Clever’s SFTP Instructions.