Thanks for your interest in Clever! This article details the specific information needed to get your district signed up from Clever's sign-up page.
What we need
1. District name
- What if my district/school isn't listed on the Clever sign-up page?
- Type your school/district name into the 'District name' field when you sign-up. A dropdown will appear with existing schools/districts, and you can scroll to the bottom to select 'Add <<School/District Name>>’ in order to add your school/district.
2. Contact information
- You will need the name and contact info of the district administrator designated to manage your Clever account.
3. Your district’s single sign-on (SSO) platform or Identity Provider (IDP)
- Clever allows your students, teachers and staff to log in using your district’s existing Identity Provider (IDP) (e.g. Google, Active Directory, SAML, etc.), SSO method, or Badges!
4. Access to your Student Information System (SIS)
- Depending on your district's student information system (SIS), there are several different options for how your district wants to sync rostering data to Clever.
- Clever-Managed Auto Sync: Set up a read-only Clever user with the permissions required for your SIS. Visit Auto Sync resources for setup details specific to your SIS. You’ll need to provide the Clever user’s credentials when you create your Clever account.
- SIS-Managed Auto Sync: After signing up for Clever, you will be provided instructions to initiate the sync between your SIS and Clever.
- SFTP Sync: Review our SFTP Sync resources in our Help Center. To begin syncing data, you will need access to export district-level data from your SIS and ability to follow Clever’s SFTP Instructions.
5. Authority to sign Clever's Terms of Service
- Clever will require the signature of someone at your district with the authority to sign our Terms of Service.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Clever support! We are happy to help!