What are sharing permissions?
The final step in adding an application to your Clever dashboard is setting your sharing permissions to let Clever know which of your data you'd like to make available to that application. Clever will not share data with an application until you set the application’s sharing permissions.
Sharing Permissions: Basic
Sharing Permissions: Advanced
What kind of data will be shared?
Clever provides each of your applications with only the data necessary for its operation. You can see what data authorized applications have access to by going to their respective overview pages on your Clever Dashboard.
How do I share data with an application?
Clever functions as a hub that allows you to sync your SIS data once and share it independently with each application you add to your account. When you add a new application to Clever, you’ll need to set data sharing permissions for that particular application.
Here’s how to set your data sharing permissions for an application:
- From your Clever account dashboard, click on an application to get to that application’s overview page. Then navigate to the Data Sharing link.
- From the data sharing page, you’ll specify which data the application can access. You have four options for how to share data (the different types of sharing are mutually exclusive, you cannot choose two):
- Share District: Clever will share all data synced to Clever. This will update dynamically with each sync.
- Share Schools: Clever will only share data linked to the schools that you select. This will update dynamically with each sync.
- Share Sections: Clever will only share data tied to the specific sections that you select. This will not update dynamically.
- Share by Rules: Clever will only share data tied to users or sections that meet criteria that you set. This will update dynamically with each sync. Read this article to learn more about how to Share by Rules!
- School Site Sharing: Clever will only share data tied to users or sections that are shared by School Tech Leads or Clever admins. You or the School Tech Leads can manage data sharing permissions on a per-school basis. More info here!
How do I view the data currently shared with the application?
Once you've set your sharing permissions for an application, you have the option to download a CSV file of schools, students, teachers, or sections that are included in the data shared with that application.
To download these CSV files, click on the application icon from your Clever dashboard. On the Overview page, you'll see the option to download the files. Click either schools, students, teachers, or sections to download the list of data shared for that data type.