To freeze the data currently in Clever, you can schedule a pause from the Sync Settings page of your Clever Dashboard.
This article covers the following:
- Pause overview
- Schedule a pause with a last day
- Schedule an indefinite pause
- Modify a scheduled pause
When your sync is paused:
- SFTP uploads will not be processed, and automatic syncs will not run (this means that changes made in your SIS will not interrupt student and teacher access to applications)
- You can continue to update sharing permissions with applications
- Your sync status will appear as “paused” in your Clever Dashboard
- All team members on the account will receive an email notification the day before the pause begins
When your pause ends or is canceled:
- Clever will resume syncing with your SIS (auto syncs), or process your next upload (SFTP syncs)
- If your data has changed significantly, your account will go on hold
- You can confirm that your account is syncing correctly by checking the sync status on your Dashboard
- All team members on the account will receive an email reminder on the last day of the pause
When you schedule a pause with a Last Day, your sync will be paused from the beginning of the First Day through the end of the Last Day. For example, if your First Day is 6/15/2016 and your Last Day is 8/9/2016, Clever will stop processing updates to your data on 6/15/2016, and will begin processing updates again on 8/10/2016.
To schedule a pause with a Last Day, select a First Day and a Last Day for your pause, and click "Save Sync Pause." You can extend your pause by editing the Last Day, or begin syncing again at any time by clicking "Cancel Sync Pause."
When you schedule a pause without a Last Day, your data will not be updated in Clever until you cancel the pause.
To schedule an indefinite pause, select a First Day for your pause, and click "Save Sync Pause" without selecting a Last Day. To begin syncing again, click "Cancel Sync Pause" at any time.
To modify a pause that has already been scheduled:
- Click within the box next to First Day or Last Day;
- Select a new date from the pop-up calendar;
- Click Save Sync Pause to confirm the change.