This article covers the following:
Illuminate Auto Sync Functionality
✓ Runs daily via the Illuminate API
✓ Pulls students, teachers, co-teachers, sections, and enrollments that are active at the time of the sync
✓ Supports co-teachers
When you sign up for a Clever sync with Illuminate, Clever will contact Illuminate to activate API access for your district.
- Illuminate syncs can be customized to sync nightly, instead of every four hours.
- Syncs can also be customized to pull additional fields available through the Illuminate API -- please note that not all fields are available via the API, and these customizations may require support from the Illuminate team.
- Clever can filter data from Illuminate to limit the sync to only one school.
- To request customizations or filtering for your Illuminate sync, request assistance from Clever Support.
School Year Rollovers
Since Clever syncs all data that is active at the time of the sync, new school year data will not appear in Clever until the first day of school.
If you would like to sync data for the new school year before the first day of school, please submit a request to Clever Support with the date of your first day of school. We can begin syncing once students are scheduled AND the entire schedule is published.
If a record (student, teacher, section) is in Clever but data is missing or incorrect for the record (i.e. incorrect email, missing username), navigate to the Sync > Settings page in your Clever Dashboard. Under Sync Controls, click on View field mappings
Here you can view which fields Clever is pulling for each record and field. In the below example:
- If a teacher's email address was incorrect, confirm the email is correct in the "email1" field in Illuminate
- If a teacher is missing State_teacher_id, you will see that Clever is not currently pulling this data. Please contact Clever Support to see what options may be available to pull this data.
If an entire record is missing, we recommend checking the following:
- Check whether the teacher is assigned to a school and not the district. If a teacher is only assigned to the district, their record will not sync to Clever.