What is the district admin role in Clever?
District admins can do the following in Clever:
- Manage the flow of data from their student information system (SIS) to Clever to their district’s connected applications
- Modify account settings for the whole district, such as the sync settings between the SIS and Clever, sharing permissions with connected applications, and single sign-on (SSO) credentials
- Use single sign-on (SSO) to access learning applications as administrators
Becoming a district admin
If you signed up for the Clever account for your district, congratulations! You are the "owner" of the account and, therefore, its first district admin.
The owner of the account can add new district admins, and any administrator can add new school admins. For more information on how to add new admins, please see this article on how to manage your team.
Accessing the Clever Dashboard
The Clever district dashboard is where you can manage your district's data and account settings. You can access the Clever district dashboard by going to the Clever login page (https://schools.clever.com) and entering your email address and the password you set when you signed up for Clever or were added to your district’s account. Read this article to learn how to use the Clever district dashboard.
Accessing the Clever Portal
The Clever Portal is where users in your district access connected applications. To access your Clever applications as a district admin, you’ll use a customized portal URL for your district that your students and teachers will use to access the Clever Portal. Usually, this URL follow the format: <clever.com/in/<district shortname>. Once there, you have two options for accessing the Portal:
- Log in with your identity provider (IDP) credentials
- If your single sign-on (SSO) setup is configured to allow for district admin access (e.g. your Google Apps email address is the same as your district admin email address), you can use the ‘Log In’ button on this screen to sign in to the Clever portal. Please note that for some IDPs this may take some custom configuration.
- Log in with your Clever credentials
- Admins can also log in using the ‘Log in as a district admin’ link at the bottom of the page. This will allow you to use the same username and password you use to access the Clever district dashboard to access your applications.