Viewing District Data
This article describes how to find and view key details about the districts that are connected to your app through Clever.
On your homepage, you’ll see a list of your districts. The tags under each district indicate whether the district is Launched, Setting Up, or has Licenses Exceeded. During the Setting Up phase, teachers and students cannot see or access your application.
Note: The licensing feature makes it easier to manage and communicate with districts about licenses, but it does not limit how many students or schools can be shared.
When you click on a district’s name, you'll see a few key details about that district. At the top of the page, you’ll find the following information:
- Sync Status: The icon indicates the status of the district's sync. For details on possible sync statuses, please see: District Sync Statuses.
- Sharing type: This indicates how a district has scoped their data for your application. Any permissions updates must be made by a district administrator. Possible descriptions include:
- Sharing no data
- Sharing all data
- Sharing selected schools
- Sharing selected sections
- Sharing data by rules
- Shared schools: This is the count of schools shared by the district. Here, you are also able to set the number of licenses that you have allotted to the district. For more information on using the license feature in Clever, see Set Up License Usage Limits.
- Launch date: This is the date that your application will become available to end users. Usually, this date is agreed upon by you and the district, but set by your team. For more information about managing launch dates, reference Setting and managing launch dates.
Further down on the overview page, it is broken up into 3 sections; district, sync, and instant login information.
In this section, you can find contact information for the district administrator maintaining the Clever account. You can also find the district’s Clever ID, MDR number, and OAuth token.
Under “sync type,” you can see what SIS and sync type (SFTP, Auto-Synce, etc.) the district is using with Clever. The last successful sync date indicates when fresh data was synced with Clever. If the syncs occur nightly or hourly, you’ll find the predicted next sync time as well.
Instant Login info:
The Instant Login information reflects the district’s Clever Portal URL and their identity provider. The identity provider is the method by which they authenticate into Clever, and can indicate whether the district is using Clever Badges. Should the district not use the Clever portal, they can use the login link” to embed it on a different SSO portal. (Note: the district has access to this information in their Clever dashboard, as well).
Browsing District Data
Within the district profile, you can use the omnisearch bar at the top of your page to search for any record. You can type the student or section name in the bar, and the top results will display according to category.
Should you not find the record you were hoping for, you can also click on the Data Browser in the left-hand sidebar. Here, you can Select the user or data type that you are searching for, and click Add Filter to narrow down your results. You click on each record to view a full list of the fields that are populated.