Viewing District Data
This article describes how to find and view key details about districts that are connected to your app through Clever.
On your homepage, you’ll see a list of your districts. The tags under each district indicate whether the district is:
- Launched - this district is ready to use your app through Clever!
- Setting Up - during this phase, teachers and students cannot see or access your application.
- Licenses Exceeded - the district has overshared students or schools with your application and need to adjust their sharing permissions
When you click on a district’s name, you'll see a few key details about that district. At the top of the page, you’ll find the following information:
- Sync Status: The icon indicates the status of the district's sync. For details on possible sync statuses, please see: District Sync Statuses.
- Sharing type: This indicates how a district has scoped their data for your application. Any permissions updates must be made by a district administrator. Possible descriptions include:
- Sharing no data
- Sharing all data
- Sharing selected schools
- Sharing selected sections
- Sharing data by rules
- Shared schools: This is the number of schools shared by the district. Here, you are also able to set the number of licenses that you have allotted to the district. For more information on using the license feature in Clever, see Set Up License Usage Limits.
- Launch date: This is the date that end-users will have access to your application. Usually, this date is agreed upon by you and the district, but the Launch Date in Clever is set by your team. For more information about managing launch dates, reference Setting and managing launch dates.
Further down on the overview page, you will see the following 3 sections:
- District Info
- Sync Info
- Instant Login Info
In this section, you can find contact information for the district administrator maintaining the Clever account, in addition to the district’s Clever ID, MDR number, and OAuth token.
Here, you can view which SIS and sync type (SFTP, Auto-Sync, etc.) the district is using to sync data into Clever. The last successful sync date indicates when the district has last synced fresh data with Clever. If the district's syncs are configured to occur nightly or hourly, you’ll also find the predicted next sync time.
Instant Login info:
This section provides information on the district’s Clever Portal URL, as well as their login method into Clever. If the district does not use the Clever Portal, they can use the listed Instant Login Link to embed Clever authentication for your application into a different SSO portal. (Note: the district has access to the Instant Login link for your application in their Clever dashboard, as well)