Clever has minimum requirements in order to sync a district's data to our system. If your application has additional fields you require (or even prefer), we can flag a district's data with either Data Errors, Data Requirements, or Data Warnings. These let a district know their data needs to be further optimized for your application.
To add additional fields to your data errors, requirements, or warnings, reach out to Clever Support!
Check out this video for an overview:
Data Errors vs Warnings vs Requirements
- Data Errors are fields that do not meet the requirements you specified. Records with data errors will not be sent to your application at all, but they will show up under the Data Errors table in app and district dashboards.
- Data Requirements are fields that your team has indicated are required fields in order to sync a student to your application.
- For example, Clever's basic data schema does not require student emails. If your application requires student email in order to provision student accounts, missing student emails will show up in the Data Requirements list.
- Data Warnings are fields that, if missing, will prevent your users from having an optimal experience with your application.
- For example, if you prefer student contact information but creating users is not dependent on these fields being populated, student contact fields will be listed as Data Warnings.
Where to Find Data Warnings/Requirements
From the home page of your Dashboard, click on the name of a school district. Click on the Warnings tab:
Once on the Warnings page, you can see a breakdown of the records that do not meet your data errors, requirements, and warnings:
Types of Data Warnings/Requirements
Your application requires requires specific fields to be populated in Clever. Issues related to missing information show the number of records without data in those fields.
To resolve these issues, the district must update their data to include the missing values.
Issues related to non-unique information will be listed in Data Warnings for the fields below. The issue will include every record that shares each non-unique field value.
To resolve these issues, districts will need to update their data to provide a unique value for each record.
Resolving Data Warnings/Requirements
To download details about a district's data warnings or requirements click on the Download hyperlink next to the number of affected records:
For districts to resolve data warnings or requirements, they will usually need to make changes directly in their Student Information System.
If you have any questions about helping resolve data warnings for a specific district, please contact Clever Support!