If a student loses their Clever Badge or a Badge becomes compromised, you can help them by issuing a new Clever Badge for them!
District Admins can print Badges in bulk for all PreK-6th grade students in the district. District Admins can also print Badges individually on the student's record in the Data Browser.
If you haven't already enabled Badges, please see this Help Center article for instructions! Printing and re-printing won't be available until you have configured and enabled Badges on the Badge settings page.
Printing all users’ Badges
District admins can always reprint all active badges on the from the Distribution area of Badge Settings. Simply select "Download all badges."
Depending on the size of the download, the badges will either download to your computer immediately, or Clever will email you a link to a zip file, which will have the following format:
- Clever Badges
- A list of folders with the names of each school
- A subfolder containing badges by grade level containing the QR code and name of each student.
- A PDF of the grade level's badges
- A folder of PNG images of the grade level's badges. Badges are identified using "LastName-SIS_ID"
- A folder containing badges, sorted by section containing the QR code and name of each student.
- A PDF of the section's badges
- A folder of PNG images of the section's badges. Badges are identified using "LastName-SIS_ID"
The PDFs match the Avery label template for 2” square Avery labels. Print out Badges and distribute them to your students!
If you only need to print the Badges for new students you can do some from the same drop down box, or on a school-by-school basis.
Clever Tip! At the beginning or end of a new school year, we recommend issuing new Badges for your users for increased security. You can do this from the Badge settings page of your Clever Dashboard.
After pressing the red "Void all Existing Badges" button, you will be able to download all new badges in the Distribution area of Badge Settings.
Reprinting a single student’s Badge
If you only need to reprint a single student's Badge, log in to the Clever Dashboard and use the Data Browser (under Support Tools) to look up the student’s record in Clever. Once you click on the record, the top of the Detail View will give you the option to Print Clever Badge or Void Clever Badge.
- Selecting "Download Badge" will reprint the student's previously-issued Clever Badge. Clever has provided the option to download the badge in both PDF and PNG format.
- To issue a completely new Clever Badge, select the option to "Void Clever Badge". Please note: this option will invalidate the student's existing Badge.
- In both instances you’ll receive an email containing a link to the student’s new Clever Badge, which you can print and give to the student.
Clever Tip! Clever Badges are a great solution for students with learning differences. You can generate Badges for these specific students by following the instructions above.