How do I reset a student's password?
Clever Passwords: If your district has set up custom usernames and passwords through Clever then you are able to reset your own students’ passwords. Here’s how:
- Log into your Clever Portal
- Click the "Students" tab at the top of your portal page
- Click on a student's name to pull up a new window of options
- Under "Set Clever Password", type a new password into the Password box and click "Set Clever Password."
Third-party identity providers: You are unable to reset your student’s password if your district’s identity provider is through a third party. This is because Clever never has access to students’ actual passwords in these instances. If a student has a third party identity provider (such as Google, ADFS, etc) and needs to log in immediately, you can assist by generating a one time Backup Code for the student - see below!
How do I generate a Login Backup Code?
If a student is having trouble logging into Clever, their teachers can help them log in by generating a one-time-use backup code.
1. Log into your Clever Portal and click “Help a Student”
2. Choose the student you wish to help from the dropdown menu.
3. You will see a six-digit backup code. Write this code down and pass it along securely to your student. The code will expire in 20 minutes.
The student will then take these steps:
1. The student will go to your district's Clever Portal login page and click “Get help signing in!” under the password field.
2. The student will then click “Log in with a Backup Code.”
3. The student will then enter the Backup Code on the next screen, and click Log in. This will log them into their Clever account.
If a student cannot log in, Clever will not be able to provide their password to them. Please reach out to your technology help desk at your school or district to alert them to this issue.