How do I add School Admins?
Clever account owners can manually add School Admin users from their dashboard by uploading an admins.csv file. If you are looking to add Clever Admins to your account with different permissions, please see "How do I manage Clever Admins?" and a review of the different admin user roles can be found in "What admin user roles are available?".
Here's how to create the admins.csv file to be uploaded:
- Download the template for the admins.csv file
- Create and format your admins.csv file
Here are a few things to note when creating the admins.csv file:
- Each school admin requires a unique staff_id. Giving multiple admins the same staff_id will prevent the school admin from a successful login
- The school_id specified should be a unique id assigned to the school by your SIS. When you browse school data this is the sis_id value. (Not the 'school_number' value assigned to the school)
How can I upload the file?
After you've created your file, save your file as 'admins.csv' then upload the file into Clever. There are two methods to uploading the file:
Upload via the Web Upload Tool in your Clever Dashboard:
- Log in to your Clever Dashboard
- Select ‘Sync’ from the left sidebar
- Navigate to the "Upload" tab
- Select "Upload admins.csv" and choose file
Upload school admins via SFTP by including the optional admins.csv file in your upload method. See the SFTP documentation for more details.
How do I assign a School Admin to multiple schools?
To assign an admin to multiple schools, simply add a row for each school. Here’s an example:
You can find the school_id in your Data Browser listed as sis_id when you select the desired school.
To connect a school admin to all schools in the district, enter school_id: district
How do I add/remove School Admin?
All admins should be listed in the admins.csv file each time you upload a new admins.csv with any update. If a user’s staff_id is no longer in the CSV file, that admin will be deleted.
Once you've added your school admin, your next step is to get them access to the portal and applications. Read more on how to do that in this article!