How do I add non-teaching staff in Clever?
The majority of Clever account owners and users will need to manually add staff members from their dashboard by uploading an admins.csv file. This method is best for adding staff members in bulk.
Here's how to create the admins.csv file to be uploaded:
- Download the template for the admins.csv file
- Create and format your admins.csv file
Here are a few things to note when creating the admins.csv file:
- Each staff member requires a unique staff_id. Giving multiple staff the same staff_id will prevent the individual from a successful login
- The school_id specified should be a unique id assigned to the school by your SIS. When you browse school data this is the sis_id value. (Not the 'school_number' value assigned to the school)
- Staff uploaded to Clever are given the default role of Portal Access. If you wish to upload a staff member as a School Tech Lead, see the directions here.
How can I upload the file?
After you've created your file, save your file as 'admins.csv' then upload the file into Clever. There are two methods to uploading the file:
Upload via the Web Upload Tool in your Clever Dashboard:
- Log in to your Clever Dashboard
- Select ‘Sync’ from the left sidebar
- Navigate to the "Upload" tab
- Select "Upload admins.csv" and choose file
If your district already syncs data to Clever through the SFTP Sync, you can upload staff members via SFTP by including the optional admins.csv file in your upload method. See the SFTP documentation for more details.
How do I assign staff and administration to multiple schools?
To assign a staff member to multiple schools, simply add a row for each school. Here’s an example:
You can find the school_id in your Data Browser listed as sis_id when you select the desired school.
To connect a staff member to all schools in the district, enter school_id: district
How do I edit staff in Clever?
Staff members must be edited by uploading an updated admins.csv to Clever. This includes changes to name, email, title, etc.
If you wish to transition the role of the staff member from Portal Access to School Tech Lead, you can edit their role on the Teams page. Full directions can be found here.
How do I add/remove staff from Clever?
All staff members should be listed in the admins.csv file each time you upload a new admins.csv with any update. If a user’s staff_id is no longer in the CSV file, that individual will be deleted.
Infinite Campus API or Skyward API syncs
Infinite Campus API
Staff and administrators will be automatically synced to Clever if they are marked as "administrators".
Staff and administrators will be automatically synced to Clever if their "title" is either blank or contains one of the following words: