Every now and then you may have users who have trouble logging into saved-passwords applications. No need to panic—we've got some tips for troubleshooting these issues which will make the process as painless as possible.
In the vast majority of cases, if users are unable to log into a saved-passwords application, they'll see a message like the one below:
This means that we weren't able to log into the application using the credentials saved to Clever. If your user sees this error, you can do the following:
- Go directly to the application's website and test if the user's credentials work.
- If the credentials don't work, you'll have to work with the application to get the right login information.
- If you've confirmed you have the right credentials, update them on the Clever error screen seen above or through a bulk upload in your Clever dashboard.
- Confirm the credentials work by accessing the application again through the Clever Portal.
But my issue doesn't look like that!
If the above doesn't fix the issue or you're experiencing a completely different problem, please try the following steps:
- Check the version of the Clever browser extension you're using at chrome://extensions. If there is a more recent version of the extension, download it.
- Update Chrome at chrome://help.
If all else fails, our support team is more than happy to help troubleshoot with you. To help expedite the process, in your request please include:
- The version of the Clever browser extension you're using
- The version of Chrome you're using
- The student/teacher number of the user affected
- A screenshot and/or short description of the issue