- Go to your district's Clever Portal login page, which should follow the format https://clever.com/in/<district name> (e.g., clever.com/in/cleverusd). If you don't know your district's Clever login page, you can go to clever.com/login and look for your school. If you cannot find your school, please ask your district administrator where you should go to log into Clever.
- Log in with your district username and password. Your username and password are set up by your school district. They may be your teacher number, ID, or email address. For specific instructions on using Clever Passwords, Google, or Active Directory, keep on reading!
- From your Clever Portal, you can click on an application, view your Classes, configure your Teacher Page, check out the Clever Library, or help a student!
Below are instructions for logging into Clever with specific login methods: Clever Passwords, Google, and Active Directory.
Logging into Clever with Clever Passwords
If you are using the 'Log in with Clever' button, enter your district username and password. Your username and password are set up by your school district. They may be your teacher number, ID, or email address.
If you see the error ('Invalid username or password'), this means that the username and/or password you have entered are not correct for your Clever account.
You can click the 'Get help signing in!' link to reset your password using the email linked to your Clever account. Please note: not all districts allow teachers to reset their own password. If you do not see the option to reset your password, or if this doesn't resolve the issue, please reach out to your district administrator for help with your Clever username and password.
Logging into Clever with Google
If you are using the 'Log in with Google' button, you will be redirected to sign into the Google email linked to your Clever account (your school email). Please note: using your personal Google email will not sign you into Clever.
If you see the error message ('Wrong password. Try again or click Forgot password to reset it'), this means that the password you entered for your Google email is incorrect. You will need to enter the correct password for your Google account, or use the 'Forgot password?' link to reset the password for your Google account.
Please note: not all districts allow teachers to reset their own Google password. If you do not see the option to reset your password, or if this doesn't resolve the issue, please reach out to your district's support desk for help with your Google email and password.
If you see the following error message ('Uh oh! We were not able to authenticate using Google email: email@example.com'), this means that the Google email you signed into is not the email that is linked to your Clever account. Please make sure you are using your school Google email account.
If you are still having trouble when using your school Google account, please ask your district administrator to confirm the correct school email that is associated with your accoun tin Clever. If they are still seeing an issue, they can contact Clever Support.
Logging into Clever with Active Directory
If you are using the 'Log in with Active Directory' button, you will be redirected to sign into your school account through Active Directory Federation Services. The username and password for ADFS are managed by your district administration.
If you see a message similar to 'Incorrect user ID or password', you will need to reach out to your district administrator for help with accessing your account.
How do I change my password in the Portal?
If you are using the 'Log in with Clever' button and your district has allowed teachers to change their passwords, you can do this through the following steps:
- Log in to your Clever account.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the screen and select "Change Password".
- Type your current password and desired new password (twice).
- Click "Change Password".
If you are logging into Clever through Google, Active Directory or LDAPS, Clever is unable to change your password. This is because our system does not have access to your actual password in these instances. If you’ve double-checked that you used the correct credentials but are still having trouble logging in, please reach out to your district administrator for assistance.
- As a teacher, how do I help my student log in to Clever?
- As a parent, how do I help my student log in to Clever?
- How do I log in to Clever as a School Admin?
Check out this helpful login video:
Make sure to share this with your students and parents, too!