How do I log in to Clever as a teacher?
- Go to your Portal URL: To access your Clever applications, you’ll need to first go to your district’s Clever Instant Login Portal. Usually, this URL follows the format: clever.com/in/<district shortname>> (e.g., clever.com/in/cleverusd) or you can search for your school by going to clever.com/login.
- Log in with your credentials: You’ll log into the Clever Portal with the username and password that was determined at the district level.
- If your district uses a third party to log in - for example, your Google Apps email address was set up as your teacher username - you can use the 'Log in with…” button to sign in to the Clever Portal.
- If your district’s Instant Login is configured to use custom usernames and passwords (rather than through a third party like Google), you’ll place your username and password right on the Portal login page. If you are unsure what your credentials are, please reach out to the district support contact that is listed on the login page.
Why am I having trouble logging in?
Districts can elect to choose a third-party identity provider (Google, Active Directory, Stoneware, Canvas, etc.) or a custom set of usernames and passwords (called “Clever Passwords”) to validate a user’s identity and log them into Clever. There are a number of reasons why users might not be able to log in. Users might have forgotten or mistyped their credentials, or the Identity Provider might not be configured correctly within the district Clever account.
As a teacher, you have a few options for resolving login issues for yourself or your students. Please read on to learn more about each option.
How do I reset my password?
Clever Passwords: If your district has set up custom username and passwords through Clever then you can reset your teacher password. Here's how:
- Go to your Clever Portal URL and click “Get help signing in!” under the password field.
- On the Login Help page, click “Reset your password.”
- On the Reset Password page, submit your email address and Clever will send you a new password:
Third party identity providers: Clever is unable to reset your password if your district’s identity provider is through a third party. This is because we never have access to your actual password in these instances. If you’ve double-checked that you used the correct credentials but are still having trouble logging in, please reach out to your district administrator for assistance.
How do I change my password in the portal?
Clever Passwords: If your district has set up custom username and passwords through Clever then you can change your password. Here's how:
- Log in to your Clever account.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the screen:
- Click "Change Password". A new screen will open where you can confirm your current password and set a new one:
Once you click change password, your password should be changed. If you're having any trouble with these steps, you can following the instructions in the section above to reset your password.
Third party identity providers: Clever is unable to change your password if your district’s identity provider is through a third party. This is because we never have access to your actual password in these instances. If you’ve double-checked that you used the correct credentials but are still having trouble logging in, please reach out to your district administrator for assistance.
Check out this helpful login video:
Make sure to share this with your students and parents, too!