Districts set Sharing Permissions for each application they have connected through Clever to choose which students, teachers, sections, or schools need access.
You can guide your districts to share the right information through the following ways:
For districts that are already on Clever, you can send them an invitation to connect that specifies exactly what schools should be shared. When a district receives the invitation, they have an option to “Accept and share” the data you indicated, or set their own sharing permissions. For more information about inviting districts, reference How to invite and connect districts to your application.
Recommended Sharing Permissions
Your team can also specify recommended sharing settings for all of your districts. If you fill out this form, the Clever team will modify the recommended sharing settings so that districts see what type of data should be shared with your application.
The district can preview the recommended rules and share data based on your recommendation.
The district will have the option to create "rules" of who they would like to share an application with. A rule allows them to scope down from all the sections synced with Clever to a single set of sections. Sharing permissions include:
- Share District: Clever will share all data synced to Clever. This will update dynamically with each sync.
- Share Schools: Clever will only share data linked to the schools that are selected. This will update dynamically with each sync.
- Share Sections: Clever will only share data tied to the specific sections that are selected. This will not update dynamically.
- Share by Rules: Clever will only share data tied to users or sections that meet criteria that are set. This will update dynamically with each sync. Read this article to learn more about how to Share by Rules!
- School Site Sharing: Clever will only share data tied to users or sections that are shared by School Tech Leads or Clever admins. Clever Amin and the School Tech Leads can manage data sharing permissions on a per-school basis.
If you're interested in seeing how things look on the district's side, feel free to check out this article: How do I set my sharing permissions for applications?