You’re almost ready to roll out Clever Single Sign-on and start saving your students and teachers hours of class time every week. But before you do, you will want to run one last test to make sure your setup is working properly. This step should only take a few minutes to complete.
How to test SSO logins
- Open your district’s Portal URL (find and adjust that within your Dashboard) in an incognito window in your browser.
- Try logging in as a student using the login method you’ve configured.
- Test a few more logins, including a teacher login, to make sure everything is working properly.
Tips and Troubleshooting
- If you’re not able to use an incognito window, a regular browser window is fine. Just make sure you’re logged out of Clever (as well as Google and Active Directory if you’re using those login methods) before you begin, or you may hit errors.
- If you don’t have access to student or teacher login credentials, have a small group of teachers test their logins. Make sure they know where to go to log in, and which credentials to use. The downloadable login instructions available within your Portal can help.
- Use login logs to make sure logins are successful, and find information about any errors you’re seeing.
Once you’ve tested Clever Single Sign-on and seen successful logins, make sure to tell your teachers and students about this new tool. Track the success of your rollout on the Analytics page within your dashboard!