Here is a quick guide to help you troubleshoot missing or incorrect data in Clever, or in one of your district applications.
Data missing or incorrect in Clever
Depending on the type of student information system (SIS) sync you have configured with Clever, the process might be different:
- First, check your district dashboard > Sync page to determine if there are any sync errors or warnings, or to see if your sync is on hold for any reason.
- If you are unable to determine the issue, please contact Clever support. Our team can help identify and guide the district to a resolution.
With SFTP syncs, Clever has little insight into how data is filtered and exported from a district's student information system (SIS) so we are not able to help troubleshoot beyond looking at the files we receive.
To resolve SFTP sync issues, please reach out to your SIS rep, or whoever configured the SFTP export to Clever, to see if they can investigate the issue on their end.
Once the issue is identified, you can update the data in your SIS, and re-upload the CSV files to Clever.
More info on CSV file formatting and SFTP upload instructions can be found here: SFTP Instructions.
Missing or incorrect data in an application
- Step 1: Confirm the data is correct in Clever.
- Step 2: Confirm the data is correctly shared with the app. See: How do I set my sharing permissions for applications?
- Step 3: Confirm your district has not exceeded your licenses for the application. This can be viewed at the top of the application's overview page.
- Step 4: Check the application's overview page to see if the application partner has implemented any additional filters on their end. See: What are app filters?
- Step 5: Confirm there are no data errors. These can be viewed on the application's overview page. See: Application Syncs: Data Warnings and Errors
If you are unable to resolve the issues using the steps above, it may be necessary to contact the application's support team. Applications manage exporting data from the Clever API and processing the data into their system. As such, we may need their assistance to further identify the error.
You can also contact Clever support to help identify and guide you to a resolution.