Troubleshooting issues with the Clever iOS app
If you and your student are having trouble using the Clever iOS app on an iPad, you can check the following troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure your iOS device is version 9.0 or later
- Ensure you have the most recent version of the Clever app installed on the device
- Ensure that “Private mode” is not enabled in Safari on the iOS device
- Ensure that the iOS device has internet connectivity by navigating to a webpage in the Safari app
- Ensure Clever cookies are not blocked on the iOS device. This includes the device-wide setting, as well as for the Clever domain (clever.com)
- Ensure camera access is enabled in Safari settings.
- Ensure that no software affects the way that Safari operates, such as restricting how Safari cookies are managed
- Ensure that on the device, the iOS network whitelist is not enabled. This is accessed by going to Settings > General > Restrictions > Websites
- Ensure that requests to Clever servers are not blocked or filtered by a firewall or network filtering software
- Turn the device off and on again
- Uninstall/re-install the Clever app
- Attempt logging in via https://clever.com/badges in Safari and report whether this was successful or not
- Attempt using the app outside of the school network (perhaps on a home network)
- In iOS 13, Safari has a new setting option that is enabled by default after updating an iPad from iOS 12. If “Request Desktop Website” is enabled, the Clever app will not open applications, it will try and load the website in the Safari web browser. The setting can be found under: Settings > Safari > Request Desktop Website.
If the issue still persists, feel free to open a ticket with Clever Support!