We’re starting off 2019 with a change to the Clever Goals platform for administrators and teachers! Beginning January 31, 2019, the Goals platform will be updated to surface the percentage of students who have hit their goals by default instead of the average progress completed as we previously did. Here’s a look into what this change means:
The former metrics - average completion - will still be available through a simple toggle bar that appears at the top of the page when viewing schools and classes.
The three toggle options are:
- Goal Attainment (new default): the percentage of students who have met their goals
- Average Progress Completion: the percentage of activities completed out of the cumulative progress goal across all students
- Average Usage Completion: the percentage of total minutes spent in an application out of the cumulative usage goal across all students
What does goal attainment look like in numbers?
Example Weekly Progress Goal:
- 10 students with the goal of completing 4 lessons in their learning program per week
- 10 students x 4 lessons = 40 lessons total that need to be completed across the school in a week
Example Weekly Usage Goal:
- 10 students with the goal of spending 60 minutes in their learning program per week
- 10 students x 60 minutes = 600 minutes total that need to be spent in the program across the school per week
- Half of the students complete 2 lessons by the end of the week: 5 x 2 = 10 lessons complete
- Half of the students complete all 4 lessons by the end of the week: 5 x 4 = 20 lessons complete
- 10 + 20 = 30 lessons complete total across all students by the end of the week
- Each student spends 30 minutes in the learning program by the end of the week
- 10 x 30 = 300 minutes spent in the learning program total across all students by the end of the week
Example Metrics Available:
- Goal Attainment (new default): 5 students / 10 have met their goals for the week = 50% goal attainment
- Average Progress Completion (former default): 30 lessons completed / total of 40 = 75% average progress completion
- Average Usage Completion: 300 minutes spent / total of 600 = 50% average usage completion
Where can I track goal attainment?
When you log into Clever Goals, you should see an at-a-glance view on the My Classes page of what percentage of students in each of your classes are hitting their software goals.
Additionally, when viewing your specific School’s page, all the rollups seen on the ‘Overview’ tab will present statistics based on the percentage of scoped students who have hit their weekly goal.
If you have any questions or feedback about this change, don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.