This article contains the following:
2. What are 'Focus Areas?'
3. Where can I find 'Focus Areas?'
Clever Goals helps district administrators, school leaders, and teachers celebrate student successes and identify areas for targeted support or intervention through the 'Focus Areas' tab.
What are 'Focus Areas'?
District administrators, school leaders, and teachers have access to a ‘Focus Areas’ dashboard that quickly identifies students that may need additional support. There are five subgroups in the Focus Areas tab.
This table tells you, in a given week, who:
- Needs a login: which students did not log in that week
- Needs a check-in: which student hit their usage goal (spent the right time) but did not hit their progress goal - this will only show up for programs where we track both a usage and progress metric
- Needs more minutes: which students need more minutes to hit their usage goal for the week
- Celebrate Goals Success: which students hit their progress goal for the week
- Goal set to zero: which students have a goal set to "0" for the given week
As a reminder, Clever Goals collates data on a weekly basis. If the user toggles to "This week" (as was done in the screenshot above), this shows who still needs more minutes to hit their goal before the end of the week. Users can click on the hyperlink (the example here from above screenshot is clicking on "144" under the SpringBoard application column for "Needs more minutes"), and will see a list of those students toward the bottom of the screen:
Where can I find 'Focus Areas'?
1. Users can navigate to Focus Areas by first accessing "Schools" from their district's Clever Goals menu.
2. From there, they can click on the school of their choice, and then click on the Focus Areas tab.
3. Once they click on Focus Areas tab, it will bring the user to the following screen with the 5 subgroups.
Please note: Teachers are also able to see this page for each one of their classes.