What are SSO (Saved Passwords) applications?
SSO (Saved Passwords) applications are icons in the Clever Portal that automatically log students and teachers into websites that do not currently have a formal integration with Clever. From a user's experience, these icons appear to be the same as other resources in the Portal.
In order for an SSO (Saved Passwords) application to automatically log users into a website, you and your students' must already have existing accounts with the website. Your district will provide Clever with credentials for these accounts, then Clever's system securely saves this login information to help users automatically sign into the website from the Portal!
How does my district provide user credentials for SSO (Saved Passwords) applications?
Your district administrator manages the process of adding SSO (Saved Passwords) applications to your Clever account. They also configure settings that determine how user credentials for the website are provided to Clever.
If they have chosen to have users manually provide their credentials, you will see a prompt to enter login information the first time you click on the SSO (Saved Passwords) application in the Clever Portal.
Once you enter the correct login information for your account with this application, click 'Save Login'. Clever will save this information and automatically log you into the application next time you click the icon from the Portal!
If you click on an application and see the page below, this means we were not able to log you into the application with the provided credentials. Please enter your updated username and password for the application, and click 'Update & Log in'.
How do I reset my student's SSO (Saved Passwords) credentials?
If your students enter the incorrect credentials for an SSO (Saved Passwords) application the first time they log in, teachers can manually update these passwords from the Clever Portal! You will need to log into your Clever account, then follow these steps:
1. Click 'Help a Student' on the right side of your Clever Portal:
2. Search and select the student who needs their credentials updated:
3. You will see a login backup code for the student to log into Clever. Under 'Did this solve your problem?', Click 'No':
4. Select the application, then click 'Yes' when asked if your student can see the icon in their Clever Portal:
5. From this screen, you can either update the student's credentials or reset the student's credentials back to the default district credentials, if available:
The student should now be automatically logged into the SSO (Saved Passwords) application when clicking the icon in their Clever Portal!
How do I reset my SSO (Saved Passwords) credentials?
If incorrect credentials are inputted for one of your SSO (Saved Passwords) applications, you are able to update them by:
- Log in to your Clever Portal
- Select the application that has incorrect credentials
- Enter your updated username and password for the application, and click 'Update & Log in'.
If for some reason the above steps do not work for you, please follow these steps to update your credentials in an incognito window: