Staff and school administrators can now be added to Clever manually directly in the dashboard as a custom staff member - no admins.csv file necessary!
Creating a new custom staff member in Clever
From the Clever district dashboard:
- Navigate to the Custom Data page of your district by clicking “Support Tools > Custom Data.”
- Click the “Staff” tab at the top of the Custom Data page.
- Click the button labeled “Create custom staff” in the upper right corner:
- Fill out the form you’re presented with:
- Assign the staff member to their specific schools, or all schools.
- Enter basic user information.
- Choose the staff member’s Clever role. Find more information about roles here.
- Add any optional district-set username and/or password for the user.
- Enter an optional expiration date for the staff member - if entered, their user account will be automatically deleted from Clever after the selected date
Five minutes after the custom staff member is created, a sync will automatically be triggered to fully process the custom account into our system. After this is complete, you will be able to search for the custom staff member in the dashboard search bar, as well as add them to any sharing rules.
What permissions do custom staff members have?
By default, custom staff will be assigned a "Portal Access only" role in Clever, giving them the same Clever experience as students and teachers have.
The only other Clever role available for these staff members is that of a School Tech Lead. More information on the School Tech Lead role can be found here.