This article contains the following:
- Creating a new custom staff member or school admin in Clever
- What permissions do custom staff and school admins have in Clever?
- How do I edit staff or update their role in Clever?
Non-instructional staff and school admins can be added directly into Clever, bypassing your student information system (SIS) sync!
Creating a new custom staff member or school admin in Clever
From your Clever district dashboard:
- Navigate to your Support Tools > Custom Data page.
- Select the 'Add custom data' option and then 'Staff.
- Fill out the form you’re presented with:
- Associate the staff member with their school(s), or all schools.
- Enter their basic user information.
- Choose the staff member’s Clever role. Find more information about roles, click here.
- If you would like the staff member to utilize your district's default SSO credential settings, leave the 'Username' and 'Password' fields blank. If you would like to customize their credentials, enter them under 'Additional settings'.
- Enter an optional 'Expiration date' for the staff member if you would like their record to be automatically deleted by Clever after the selected date.
It may take up to 15 minutes for the custom staff member to be fully created in Clever. You can identify when this process is complete by:
- Seeing their name hyperlinked in blue on the Custom Data page.
- Or, by using the Clever search bar from your Home page to locate them. If you are able to search for and find them, their record has been processed.
Once complete, be sure to modify any application sharing rules for applications you would like them to have access to! For instructions, please visit: How do I share staff with applications?
What permissions do custom staff and school admins have in Clever?
By default, custom staff and school admins are assigned a 'Portal Access only' role in Clever, giving them the same Clever experience as students and teachers have.
The only other Clever role available for staff is that of a School Tech Lead. More information, please visit: How do I assign staff the School Tech Lead role in Clever?
How do I edit staff or update their role in Clever?
Most staff updates happen by uploading an updated staff.csv to Clever. This includes changes to name, email, title, and so on. However, if you wish to update the role of a staff member from Portal Access to School Tech Lead, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the user's profile via the search bar at the top of your Clever district dashboard.
2. From there, click on the drop down arrow to the right of their profile page and select 'Update Clever Role'.
3. A pop-up will appear allowing you to select 'School Tech Lead' under 'Role', and then 'Save'!