In July we will be rolling out improvements to rostering for the 2019-2020 Back to School season! Read on to see what's coming!
- Co-teacher school association will be included in our primary school association calculations. This means that your primary school association is based on which school you have the most sections as both a primary and co-teacher.
- Previously, when a student was added to a custom section at a school that is not their primary school, they would not be listed in Clever as associated with the custom section school. Students will have the custom section school association listed for them in Clever.
- We will automatically compute and populate the "high_grade" and "low_grade" fields for a school based on the grades of students enrolled in the school.
Recently released features
In case you've missed it, here are other improvements to rostering that we've released!
User type update from "School Admin" to "Staff"
As part of our expansion to provide non-instructional staff a single sign-on portal, we have renamed “school admin” to “staff” in the Clever dashboard. This can include non-instructional staff, personnel at the District Office, staff from your After-School Program, and much more! We encourage you to add all your non-instructional staff to Clever so everyone can benefit from Clever SSO!
Additional staff data can be included in Clever using extension fields. The extension fields can also be used to associate staff with sharing rules. Please note that not all applications may be able to receive the data provided in an extension field.
New school: Default District Office
A school titled "Default District Office" is automatically generated by Clever as a place to associate staff who may not be associated with SIS synced schools.
Updates to our accepted values
New gender value: “X”
We now accept the following values for the "Gender" field:
New grade levels
We now accept the following values for the "Grade" field:
New subject mappings
In the "Subject" field the following values will be updated in Clever:
- “STEM” will be mapped to “Technology and Engineering” in Clever
- “fin lit” will be mapped to “Math” in Clever