This article summarizes Clever's policy around communications with teachers.
1. There are three types of emails Clever will send to teachers:
- Professional development: emails about training and certification, including webinars, tutorials, and Clever Academy, our free online training and certification program for educators.
- News and product updates: emails that cover new feature announcements, partnerships, new product resources, and seasonal Clever programs just for teachers.
- Service-related: emails that facilitate the teacher’s login and use of Clever according to the features enabled by their district. Examples of these emails include:
- Shared district resources
- Account creation notice
- Password retrieval
- Changes in terms of service
- Product notifications
2. Teachers will only receive “professional development” and “news and product updates” emails from Clever if:
- Their district and themselves are subscribed to receiving emails in the Clever dashboard’s settings.
- Their user account is synced with Clever.
- Their district has committed to using the Clever Portal for the ongoing school year.
3. Service-related emails are critical for account functionality; for this reason, they are not subject to the district or teacher’s email subscription settings. However, teachers can disable service-related emails through the email’s unsubscribe link. Teachers will only receive service-related emails from Clever if their user account is synced with Clever.
4. Every teacher email will contain a clear unsubscribe link.
Clever's Teacher Email Policy
We’ve frequently heard from teachers and districts that they need more information about how to use Clever as their portal. Clever’s email content will help ensure teachers are equipped with the knowledge and tools they need to be successful when teaching from school or remote. Our goal is to help teachers save time, manage their digital classrooms, and stay connected with students and parents, by providing them with resources that help them resolve issues quickly and independently.
Aside from “professional development” and “news and product updates” related emails, the Clever portal is designed to send service-related emails or account alerts to teachers, such as resetting a password or downloading Clever Badges. These transactional emails facilitate the teacher’s login and use of Clever according to the features contracted and enabled by their district and are critical to account functionality.
Moreover, districts can set PD and News email subscription settings for their teachers at any time in the Clever dashboard, and teachers are also able to control their individual subscriptions.
We’re excited to help teachers get the most out of the Clever Portal for their classroom and continue to save them valuable teaching time!