Teachers have the ability to search for application in the Clever Library by the name of the application and using keywords. In order to improve the discoverability of their application, partners can add up to 10 tags for their application directly in the Clever dashboard, in the Library tab > Marketing Collateral.
Adding tags will give partners the opportunity to provide additional definition and characteristics about their application, making it easier for teachers to find the right application for their needs.
How to add tags to your applications
- Sign into your Clever dashboard
- Go to the ‘Library’ dashboard in the left hand menu
- Go to ‘Marketing Collateral’ in the left hand menu
- Scroll down to ‘App details’ and click Edit
- Create tags for your app, then save your changes
The changes will go live on your app detail page as soon as you save. To see the results on and test the new search results, you can impersonate a teacher via your demo account.
Tips and best practices for tagging
- To optimize search, make sure your tags are less than 24 characters each.
- Add tags that reference specific skills (i.e. ‘addition’, ‘subtraction’) , features and capabilities (‘student-paced’, ‘gamified’) , or curriculum requirements (‘experimental method’, ‘earth and space science’). These are typical search terms that teachers querying with.
- Add non-Library categories as tags, since the Library has 10 official categories. Do not repeat your existing categories as tags, because the Clever search algorithm already surfaces your app based on its category. The 10 official categories include: Assessment, Authoring, Classroom Management, English, Math, Presentation, Science, Social Studies, Technology, Other
Examples of common EdTech search terms
- Adaptive Learning
- Reading comprehension
- Classroom management
- Offline access
- Group activities
- Game-based learning
- Computer science
- Common core
For more examples, click here.