We heard from teachers that reviews are extremely valuable when choosing and using new applications in the classroom. In addition to leaving a rating, teachers often provide helpful comments for other teachers to consider when installing your application.
You can help increase the number of reviews on your app detail page by asking teachers who have installed your application to leave a review in Clever Library.
How teachers can leave reviews for your application
Teachers have the ability to leave reviews about your application in Clever Library. They can leave comments and rate apps from one to five stars based on whether the app was engaging, educational, and easy to use. Having reviews on your detail page can influence a teacher’s decision to install your application. Only Clever users can leave reviews for your application in Clever Library.
A verified teacher review means that the teacher has installed your application in Clever Library and logged into your application at least once before leaving a review.
Teachers can leave reviews in two ways:
- Log into their Clever Portal and navigate to the application’s detail page in Clever Library.
- Hover over the application icon on their Teacher Page to submit a rating.
You can also request reviews from teachers who have installed your application using the custom URL our team has provided in an email. If you haven't received an email containing a URL to request teacher reviews for your application, you can contact the Clever Library Team.
Use this custom URL to request teacher reviews via a personalized email.
Note: You can identify teachers who installed your application in the Clever Library via your API.
Read teacher reviews for your application
Using your demo credentials to log into Clever Library, you can click on your application’s detail page to view all reviews. A PDF with instructions and demo credentials was attached to the congratulatory email sent when your application went live.
Note: Clever is working on an improved system for notifying you when your application receives reviews.
You can also view all teacher reviews for your application from your Clever dashboard, by navigating to the Library via the left hand menu and selecting 'Teacher reviews’.
Reviews will be sorted based on the date they were submitted.
How to reply to teacher reviews
Applications can reply to each individual review directly in their Clever Library dashboard by clicking on the ‘Respond’ button next to the review.
Teachers will see a notification in their Clever Portal Announcements that their review has a response.
Your response will be visible to all visitors on your Application Detail Page.
After leaving your response, you can return to your dashboard any time to edit or delete your response.
To see your response, just click Read all reviews in the top right hand corner of your Reviews dashboard. You’ll be directed to your app detail page, which includes all live reviews and any of your responses.
Teacher review best practices and guidelines
Reviews are only valuable when teachers perceive them as honest and unbiased. Real reviews are important to us and Clever enforces this by making sure teachers have used the product before they leave a review. In order to preserve the authenticity of reviews for your application in Clever Library, please follow these best practices and guidelines.
- Use value-based messaging when asking for reviews. When sending emails asking for reviews, include some tips, ideas or guidance on how to get the most out of using your application. View sample messaging.
- Optimize the timing of when you ask teachers for reviews. Consider timing your ask once the teacher has used your product independently or with students, within a certain number of days after logging into your application, or during a time when they’re likely to engage with your product.
- Send one review request per teacher. If a teacher doesn’t respond to your request for a review, don’t send them a second request.
- Be open to all types of feedback. Teachers trust the feedback of other teachers, so having a range of reviews on your application gives you an opportunity to establish trust and authenticity with your users, in addition to receiving valuable product feedback.
- Per FTC guidelines, don’t offer money or prizes in exchange for reviews. If you offer an incentive for teachers to leave reviews, you must instruct the reviewer to indicate that this was a incentivized endorsement.
Clever is excited to be a trustworthy source of teacher reviews. With this in mind, we reserve the right to flag any unusual review behavior.