- Make sure your district is set up with Clever! If your district has not been set up with Clever, you can get started by going to this link: https://clever.com/signup
- If your district is already on Clever, you can add Sangha by following these instructions:
- Log into your Clever Dashboard and select: Applications > Add Applications from the left navigation.
- Search for Sangha
- You will then be brought to a page where you can request the application. When requesting an application, indicate whether or not your district has already purchased the application. When you click "Haven't Purchased" for applications that have free trials, you'll receive a prompt asking if you would like to try a free trial.
- You will also be asked if you would like to request a custom Launch Date. The Launch Date is the first day users can access the app through Clever.
- Once you have made your selections, click Request!
- Once you have shared data with Sangha, the Sangha team will set up the initial sync- they’ll reach out to let you know when that’s finished!
Recommended Fields and Required Users
Sangha recommends that you include any primary contacts available in your SIS for each student in your Clever sync. Primary contacts will need to have either an email address or a phone number in Clever, and both is preferred. Please do not sync emergency contacts or non-primary contacts to Clever. Syncing student contacts to Clever varies greatly depending on your sync type and SIS, so please check out this Help Center article, or reach out to Clever Support if you have any questions.
Sangha requires one Staff. For Infinite Campus API and Skyward API syncs, staff are added to Clever by default, but for every other sync type and SIS, staff will need to be added to Clever through a manual upload. With the CSV file, staff do not need to be in your SIS to be synced with Clever. For more information on adding staff, click here!
Setting up your Sharing Rules
Sangha recommends that you create a custom section sharing rule to eliminate sharing duplicate classes to Sangha that have the same set of students and teachers. The simplest way to do so, is to “Share by Rules” in Clever. You can create a sharing rule by following these steps:
- Access the Sharing Permissions page for Sangha. To do this, log in to your Clever account and click the icon for the name of the app in the sidebar. From the 'Data Sharing' tab, click Share by Rules
- Select the type of rule you want to create. You can build off one of our pre-existing templates or create your own. We recommend choosing “Custom share by section”, as it will allow you to create your own rule that can apply specifically to classes shared with Sangha
- Create your rule. You can share classes with certain course names or numbers, grades, subjects or schools
Here are some examples of custom section sharing rules that work well:
We also recommend using this Help Center article when setting up custom sharing rules:
If you need any further assistance setting up sharing rules please contact Clever Support.
Verifying your Data in Clever
A proactive measure you can take during the setup process is to verify that the data you have in Clever is valid
- Start by going into your District Dashboard and navigating to the Data Browser
- Verify that the overall counts of teachers, sections, students, student contacts match what is in your SIS, and what should be in Clever
- Verify School and District admins in the Teams page match what is in your SIS, and what should be in Clever
- Spot check Student contacts for a few students using the Data Browser in Clever. Please verify that the emails and phone numbers match the data in your SIS, that all primary guardians for the student are listed, and that there aren’t any non-primary or emergency contacts included.
Why am I getting a “data warning” or a “data requirement” error?
A data requirement error occurs when the record is incompatible with Sangha’s integration with Clever, and the user or section will not appear in the application. Data Requirements must be resolved for users or sections to be successfully processed by the application.
A data warning error occurs when the user or section has a compatibility issue with the application that may result in a degraded app experience. We recommend addressing these issues or contacting the application directly to determine the impact of a particular Data Warning.