- Make sure your district is set up with Clever! If your district has not been set up with Clever, you can get started by going to this link: https://clever.com/signup
- If your district is already on Clever, you can add TE21 enCASE by following these instructions:
- Log into your Clever Dashboard and select: Applications > Add Applications from the left navigation.
- Search for TE21 enCASE
- Authorize the request. When requesting an application, you can select whether or not your district has already purchased the application. When you click "Haven't Purchased" for applications that have free trials, you'll receive a prompt asking if you would like a free trial.
- You will also be asked if you would like to request a custom Launch Date. The Launch Date is the first day users can access the app through Clever.
- Once you have made your selections, click Request!
- A member of the TE21 enCASE team will be in touch with you about next steps.
Staff in Clever and TE21 enCASE
Test Coordinators need to be synced from Clever to TE21 enCASE. In Clever, Test Coordinators can have any admin user role, but these roles have different permissions levels within Clever. Consider which admin role you would want them to have. You can find more information about admin roles in Clever here: What user roles are available?
Staff user roles in Clever can be created in a number of different ways. You can check out the following Help Center article to learn more about adding staff and changing user roles: How do I add staff and school administrators in Clever?
Sharing data with TE21 enCASE
It’s important to only share sections with the subject English/Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies with TE21 enCASE. The simplest way to do so, is to “Share by Rules” in Clever. You can create a sharing rule by following these steps:
- Access the Sharing Permissions page for TE21 enCASE. To do this, log in to your Clever account and click the icon for the name of the app in the sidebar. From the 'Data Sharing' tab, click Share by Rules
- Select the type of rule you want to create. You can build off one of our pre-existing templates or create your own. We recommend choosing “Custom share by section”, as it will allow you to create your own rule that can apply specifically to classes using TE21 enCASE
- Create your rule. You can share classes with certain course names or numbers, grades, subjects or schools. These same steps apply to sharing individual users, such as Staff
*Note: You can also create a custom sharing rule to share staff. Please reach out to Clever Support if you have any questions!
We also recommend using this Help Center article when setting up custom sharing rules:
Why am I getting a “data warning” or a “data requirement” error?
A data requirement error occurs when the record is incompatible with TE21 enCASE’s integration with Clever, and the user or section will not appear in the application. Data Requirements must be resolved for users or sections to be successfully processed by the application.
A data warning error occurs when the user or section has a compatibility issue with the application that may result in a degraded app experience. We recommend addressing these issues or contacting the application directly to determine the impact of a particular Data Warning.
Why is a teacher missing from TE21 enCASE?
Verify that the teacher has sections in Clever - TE21 enCASE will not import teachers without section assignments. You can do this by searching for the teacher in the Data Browser.
If your user is not set to be assigned to any sections within your SIS, you can add them as a staff user, and then set up a staff sharing rule for TE21 enCASE or they can be added as co-teachers within Clever.