There are four possible account types for different users in Clever:
- District Admin
Within the staff account type, there are two possible roles that are described below.
If you are unsure about which account type you have, reference the Clever URL after logging in to your account. Staff accounts have a URL that ends in /staff/portal. For example, https://clever.com/in/hogwartz/staff/portal, as shown here:
There are two primary roles for staff in Clever:
Staff members with the role of Portal Access are only able to log in to applications via single sign-on (SSO) from their Clever Portal. Applications must first be shared with them by a district admin.
School Tech Lead:
1. View usage metrics for their district & school (using the 'Portal Analytics' tab in their dashboard).
2. Modify sharing rules for an application for their associated school(s).
3. Manage and print Clever badges for their school in bulk. At this time, School Tech Leads are unable to print individual badges.
4. Manage and customize the Clever Portal on a per school basis.
5. Create and manage custom sections data
Staff users cannot:
- Request or add new applications
- Change student information system settings
- View troubleshooting logs
- View or edit any Clever settings
- Browse SIS data synced with Clever
- Add co-teachers to sections
If you need assistance with these topics, please reach out to your district tech support contact for more information.
Overview of account type permissions:
If you are unsure as to whether you are a School Tech Lead or Portal Access user, reference the top right corner of your screen after you log in. Users that have the role of Portal Access will only see the Portal button when they login to Clever. School Tech Leads are able to toggle between the Clever Dashboard and Portal once they are logged into their Clever account, per this screenshot:
Clever accounts are provisioned by your district admin. If you are unsure if you have a Clever account, or need to have an account created, reach out to your district tech support contact.