This article will cover the expected teacher or student experience for the Clever iOS app on iPads or mobile devices running on iOS version 9.0 or later.
Students who log in using Clever Badges
These are the instructions for students who will be logging in to Clever using Badges on iOS devices:
- Download the Clever app on your students’ iOS device.
- Select the Clever application.
- Display the student's Badge to the camera (your students have the ability to toggle between the front-facing and back-facing camera).
- If the student is using a valid badge, a green checkmark should appear with sparkles to signify a successful login!
- The application will then launch the Safari browser where students are signed into their Clever account and can access all of their learning apps.
Logging in using credentials
The Clever iOS app works best for students using Badges. Students and teachers who are not using Badges can log in to Clever directly from a Safari web browser.
- Open up the Clever application.
- Select 'Log in with username/password' button at the bottom of the screen.
- This will immediately open a new Clever tab in a Safari browser. The student or teacher can then choose their school and log in by typing a username and password.
Accessing Clever apps
After a student or teacher is logged into Clever in the Safari browser, they will be able to click on one of their connected applications. This will open the application or external link within the original tab. If a student or teacher wants to go back to their original tab, they should use the Safari back button. They will still be signed into their Clever portal when they go back to it and can access their other applications from there.
Logging out of the Clever app
It is expected that if a student or teacher returns to the Clever iOS application and clicks the blue 'Log in with username/password; button, they will automatically be logged out of any previously running Clever sessions in Safari and asked to sign in again.
For shared devices, it will be best to have a student or teacher go back to the Clever application and log in that way, to ensure that all previous sessions running in Safari are logged out.