Summer school and Clever
We're here to help make sure that your district has the best summer with Clever yet. Each section has ideas, guiding questions, and resources for you to review to make sure your rosters and applications are ready for summer school.
We know that for many districts there is still an open question about what summer school will look like during the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether you plan to continue distance learning for all students or are forging ahead with a more traditional summer school structure, this guide is designed to be useful for all districts regardless of their summer school plans.
The first step to prepare for summer school is to ask three key questions:
- Which applications will you be using over the summer?
- Will you need to add new students, teachers, staff, or sections to your Clever sync?
- How does my district generate summer school rosters?
Summer school is unique because most districts need to have two sets of rosters to power edtech. The first set is from the Spring term, and is typically paused over the summer in order to preserve access to ed-tech resources for students not enrolled in summer school. The second set reflects summer school enrollments and often requires a manual set up around the time the Spring term ends. In order to maintain both rosters in Clever, we recommend that districts pause their Clever sync and load Summer rosters using custom data.
To set up your Clever account for summer, you'll need to:
- Step 1: Pause your district's sync to Clever
- Step 2: Upload summer school rosters using custom data
- Step 3: Adjust Clever settings for summer school
- Step 4: Understand how your Apps work for summer school
All of these steps must be completed in order to bring the right resources to the right students and staff this summer.
To get started configuring your Clever account for summer school, please move on to Step 1: Pausing your sync during summer.