Globally recommended sharing settings allow you to communicate sharing best practices to districts who are connecting with your app for the first time.
How to set globally recommended sharing rules for all districts
To configure globally recommended sharing rules, navigate to Settings > District Setup in the dashboard and select ‘Edit’
Once you select ‘Edit’, this will open a setup guide that will walk you through the following steps:
1. Choose sharing type:
- You can recommend that districts:
- Share all records in the district
- Share all records in specific school
- Share custom records
2. Set custom rules (optional)
- If you select ‘Share custom records’, you will be able to configure custom sharing rules for districts.
- To find more information about the different types of sharing permissions, navigate to this HC article: https://support.clever.com/hc/en-us/articles/203115007-How-do-I-set-my-sharing-permissions-for-applications-
3. Preview and save
- On this step, preview the sharing settings you configured in the earlier steps of the guide