Edtech Analytics shows you all of your district's app usage in one place down to the school and grade level, whether or not they are integrated with Clever. Best of all, it’s free!
This will allow you to Identify edtech usage trends and opportunities for intervention. Ensure everyone is getting the best out of the edtech your district has invested in.
How to navigate the dashboard
When you first log in to Clever you will see an overview of data for the last 7 days from your home page. To access the full report, click View details.
Below is helpful information on navigating the Edtech Analytics dashboard!
- Districts can filter district data by time range, including last school year, this school year, the last 28 days, or the last 7 days. You can also filter by school and grade level. Only schools and grades with usage data will be shown in drop-downs.
Students reported and teachers reported is usage from devices where the Clever Plus extension is installed. To be counted, users need to:
- Be synced to Clever (learn more here about syncing to Clever)
- Have an email address (Chromebook) or a username (Windows device)
- Have an Active Directory or Google session running on their device
- Be actively using the application (i.e. spends at least 10 seconds on the app page)
These numbers are updated every 4-6 hours.
You can view reported users by day by hovering over the historical trendline.
- Total apps: This shows the total number of whitelisted edtech apps identified by Clever. We’re constantly adding to this list so you may see the number of apps increase as these are added. Don’t see an app on our list? Let us know so we can add it.
- SSO apps: Single Sign-On (SSO) applications that have been added at the district-level.
- Library apps: the total number of Clever Library applications added to Clever Portal by your teachers.
- Other apps: Show the total number of whitelisted Edtech applications not added through Clever, or any weblink—regardless if it’s accessed through Clever or not.
Each section is clickable so you can view only those specific apps categories in the full list underneath.
Applications - Usage data
- The Students % and Teacher % metrics show the percent of students and teachers using the app, out of total reported by the Clever Plus extension.
- Active time per user is the average time a student and teacher is actively using the app during the time range selected on the page (since initial setup, in the last 28 days, in the last 7 days).
In the example above:
- 984 students and 97 teachers are reported describes users that are:
- synced to Clever
- have the Clever Plus extension installed on Chromebooks and/or Windows devices
- have been actively using a whitelisted Edtech application.
- 4% of the 984 students and 4% of the 97 teachers used Word Munchers for 10 minutes on average during the current school year.