As a School Tech Lead, you have numerous troubleshooting tools at your disposal! These tools will help you locate student, teacher, section, and school records in Clever to allow you to support users with login issues!
Troubleshoot Login tool
Troubleshoot Login is the perfect tool for quickly identifying root cause issues of login errors and missing icons in the portal. Oftentimes, your teachers and students may come to you with questions about logging in to Clever or applications.
You can find the tool in two places:
- Click Troubleshoot Login on your dashboard
- Search for the affected teacher or student's profile and select, Troubleshoot user login
on the right-hand side
Using the "Troubleshoot Login" tool
- Navigate to the Troubleshoot Login tool
- Select a user using Clever ID, SIS ID, Name, or Email and selecting the name of the application they having problems accessing.
The tool will complete a root cause analysis of the issue.
- Review of the summary of checks
- Review the Recommended Action
This will indicate who will need to take action to resolve the issue. There are 3 possible options: District, App, or Clever
- Review the Issue Details shown underneath the Recommended Action. This will provide information on how to address any issues that have been flagged by the tool.
To make communication simple, we have provided a Copy issue description function to allow you to easily include this information in your communication with the district, app, or Clever.
Additionally, the tool will highlight related Help Center articles that can be leveraged to assist with resolving the issues detected.
Please note, there may be multiple issues that will need to be addressed to restore the login for a user.
View a teacher’s Clever Portal
Clever now gives you the ability to access the portal as a teacher to identify the source of an issue. For security reasons, the teacher you are accessing the portal as will receive a notification each time you access their Portal.
When to use the "Access Portal as user" feature for a teacher
Teacher "Access Portal" sessions should be reserved for the following scenarios:
- A teacher is reporting they are unable to log in to one of their connected applications
- A teacher is reporting that sections are not loading inside a connected application
- A teacher is reporting that students are missing from their roster within a connected application
- Print Badges for an entire class
How to use the "Access Portal as user" feature for a teacher
- Log in to your Clever dashboard
- Search for the impacted teacher in the Search bar
- Select, Access Portal as user in the top right-hand corner
- A box will pop up asking for details on your session. Please enter the details and check the box agreeing that you will not alter their portal, or share sensitive student or teacher information.
- Select Begin Portal session. You will be authenticated into the teacher’s portal to troubleshoot accordingly!
- When done troubleshooting, select End Portal session to securely return to your Clever account.
"Log in with Clever" - Reset student and teacher passwords
First, confirm that the login method on your district's login page is Log in with Clever. These directions will not work for Log in with Google, Log in with Active Directory, Log in with LDAPs, or Log in with Canvas.
As a school tech lead, you can reset student and teacher passwords from anywhere! School Tech Leads at districts using Clever Passwords as a Clever authentication method, are able to reset student and teacher passwords.
Resetting student and teacher Clever Passwords:
- Log in to your Clever Portal and search for the user
- If you’re resetting the password for a student, select Set new Clever password in the top right-hand side of their profile
If you’re resetting the password for a teacher, select Set new Clever password in the top right-hand side of their profile.
If you do not see this option, you may need to select the down arrow in the top right-hand corner of their Profile and then select Set new Clever password
- Input new password and select Save