If your district participated in the free Zoom upgrade during school closures, the district Zoom account will revert to Zoom Basic on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 if your district does not upgrade to a Business or Education account. If your account reverts to Zoom Basic on Wednesday, your teachers will encounter two primary changes: SAML SSO through Clever will no longer work, as Zoom provides SAML SSO only to premium customers, and meeting length will be capped at 40 minutes.
If you plan to use Zoom through its Basic service after July 1st, we recommend that you:
- Communicate the above changes to teachers for awareness.
- Let teachers know they can set a password to log in manually to their account with their email address by using the directions below.
- Remove the SSO app from teacher dashboards by clicking “disconnect app” on the Zoom page in your Clever dashboard. This will prevent teachers from becoming confused if they attempt to SSO into Zoom after July 1st and receive an error message
For teachers: adding a password login for Zoom
If you have previously logged in SSO via Clever, on Profile, you will see icons indicating SSO, but no icon for email.
Unless restricted by your Account owner, you can easily add an email and password login for the same account.
- Sign out of your Zoom existing account.
- Go to zoom.us/signup
- Enter your school-provided email address that matches your email in Clever.
- Click Sign Up.
- You will receive an email with Sign Up instructions. Click to Activate Account.
- Enter your desired password twice.
Note: Make sure your password meets the requirements.
- Click Continue.
- You can enter in email addresses of contacts to invite or choose Skip this Step.
- Click Go to My Account.
- This will take you to My Profile of the existing Zoom account. It should now show the SSO icon that it showed previously, as well as an email icon to indicate that you can log in with email address and password.