Is Family Portal included with our Clever account?
- Clever Family Portal is included for all districts that use Clever. There is no cost to school districts to use Clever Family Portal. We are committed to remaining free for schools to provide equitable access to technology
Can I use Clever Family Portal with other district tools for parents?
- Absolutely! Clever Family Portal is the only tool that will give parents/guardians one-click access to their child’s Clever account, and many of our district partners are using it alongside other tools successfully. To streamline access and minimize confusion, we recommend linking to any other tools/applications you’re using with parents from inside the Family Portal to keep everything in one place. Soon, we’ll also provide SAML SSO connections to tools such as LMSes and SISes.
Who can send invites to parents/guardians?
- At this time, District Administrators with Clever Admin access can send invitations to parents/guardians.
Is Clever Family Portal available in multiple languages?
- We are rolling out Clever Family Portal in 5 languages in addition to English: Spanish, Chinese (simplified), Korean, Vietnamese, and Tagalog. If there are other languages that you would like to see supported, let us know!
Can I send invites both via text and email?
- Yes! For each batch of invitations you send, you’ll choose whether you want those delivered via text message or via email. If you want to send via both text message and via email, you’ll just go through the “send invites flow” twice - once for each delivery method. We’ll also do our best not to send to folks who we know have already accepted their invitation to connect.
Can I send invitations to just one parent or guardian contact or do I need to send it to all of a student’s parent and guardian contacts?
- It is up to the district - whether you invite one guardian or multiple! You can send invitations to the specific parents you would like to. If you are using your existing SIS contact data in Clever, you can use filters by contact relationship, type, school, and grade to pick the parents/guardians that will receive the invitation. If you upload a csv file, you can specify the exact users that should receive an invitation. You can also send one-off invitations to individual parents/guardians from their profile card within the Dashboard.
If a parent or guardian has multiple students in different schools, are they able to see information for all of their students in one Family Portal account?
- Yes! If the district sends invitations to parents/guardians for all students, your Family Portal account can be connected to multiple students in different schools.
Where do families go to log in to the Family Portal?
- Parents and guardians can go to family.clever.com in order to access their Family Portal account.
What training resources are available for families on how to use the Family Portal?
- Parents and guardians can find more information about Clever on our website: Clever.com.
- Families can go to Clever.com/families to watch a video about Clever Family Portal, and learn about the features available to them.
- Families can find more information about how to support learning at home in the Remote Learning section of our website (https://clever.com/learning-at-home/families). Many of these resources have been translated into multiple languages to ensure all families have the information they need to help students with remote learning.
Is there a limit on how many parent contacts I can invite for one student?
- There is not a limit - you can invite as many parent/guardian contacts per student as you wish. Remember to only invite those who should have full access to that student’s Clever account.
Are there any other ways (besides the Family Portal) to send badges home?
- Family Portal is the most secure way Clever can help districts send badges home. After accepting the initial invitation, families won't need district or teacher help to get logins for students, which means no more sending badges home through insecure mediums like email.
Can I change the email associated with a family account?
- At this time, Clever cannot change the email address associated with a Family Account. You will need to send a new invite for each student to the correct email address.
What should the district do if an invitation expires before a parent/guardian accepts?
- If an invitation expires before it was accepted by the parent/guardian, you can resend the invitation from the Guardians tab of a student's Clever profile. If you used a one-time upload to send Family Portal invitations, simply go through the invite flow using a CSV that contains the parent/guardian's information.
What should the district do if an invitation was sent to the wrong email address?
- If an invitation is sent to the wrong email address, you can revoke the invitation from the Guardians tab of a student's Clever profile.
If incorrect invitations are sent en masse, please reach out to Clever support immediately to get those accounts deprecated. Please provide a list of the student sis_ids and emails that you would like to remove family accounts for.
Can I upload new guardians without sending duplicate invites?
- Yes, you can! Load new contacts into Clever, either through the SIS sync or via the guardians.csv and click send invites. Clever will send invites to everyone who has not yet accepted an invite. You can also send an individual invite to a parent from the Guardians tab of a student's Clever profile. Individual invite messages can be customized in the same way that bulk invites are sent!