Some applications allow you to map resources to specific courses, classes, or users. This often requires district administrators to work with each application directly to create map these resources. To address this pain-point, we’ve created a feature that helps you manage content mapping directly from your Clever dashboard!
Once you have successfully mapped your resources, applications will be able to automatically assign the correct content to your students and teachers. Please ensure that the application is aware that you will be setting this up before you get started!
To use content mapping, navigate to the “Content assignment” tab on the application page in the Clever dashboard and click “Get started”.
Uploading your resource file
In order to use this tool, you will need to create a resources.csv file that contains information pertinent to the resources you intend to map.
File Name: resources.csv
|resource_id||Y||String||The unique identifier of the resource as assigned by the application.|
|title||Y||String||The name of the resource|
When you are ready, you can upload your file in Step 1 of the wizard.
Assigning your resources
Once you have uploaded your resources.csv file, you are ready to start assigning those resources to your courses!
Step 2 of the content mapping wizard allows you to select courses that will be using each resource.
To add a course to a resource, click the button near the right side of the page. You can then enter a course name or course number to search for the courses you would like to map. Sections can only be mapped if they are associated with a course name or number. Please be sure to associate all of your sections with a course!
Resources can be mapped to a course across all schools or to a course at a specific school. Furthermore, courses at different schools can be mapped to the same resource.
You can click on the blue link at the end of a mapping rule to see which school it is for.
In Step 3 of the wizard, you will be able to review the changes you have made. You can always go back and edit your mappings by navigating to the bottom of the page and selecting "Edit assignment rules".
Otherwise, you can click "Finish" and you're all set! The application will now be able to access your content mapping information and assign its resources to the intended users.
If your mapping is successful, you will see the following message:
Editing your assignments
To review and edit your content assignments, navigate to the application in Clever and click on the Content assignment tab. You will see a summary of your current resources assigned. Here you can edit your existing rules by selecting Edit assignment rules. You will be taken back to Step 2 of the wizard where you can make changes as needed.
Where can I find resource IDs?
- Resource IDs are created by the application. If you are unsure of what to use as the resource ID, be sure to reach out to the application you are working with.
What if I do not see the "Content assignment" tab?
- If you do not see the "Content assignment" tab, that means the application does not have this feature available through Clever. You will need to reach out to the application to discuss your options for assigning resources.
Why can't I see the course I would like to assign resources to?
- If you are unable to find the course you are trying to assign a resource to, please be sure that the course is included in the application's sharing permissions. For more on sharing permissions, please refer to the following article: Sharing Permissions: Overview
What do I do if I upload an incorrect resources.csv file?
- You can always re-upload a new file! New files will always overwrite the previously uploaded files.
Do I have to assign my content this way?
- This is up to each application and how they choose to map content in their integration. If you have questions about other content mapping methods, you will need to reach out to the application.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to open a support request and our team will be glad to help!